Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation Time!

Well, we'll be heading out in a couple days for the 4th of July holiday. First we'll be visiting the grandparents in Chico.
We've been asked to bring some of the Ling Cod that John has caught here locally for dinner one night.

So it will be interesting to see what kind of yummy dish we come up with for that. After a few relaxing days with family we may head up to Turtle Bay in Redding, then from there it's a couple of mystery days. Probably trying to stay out of the smoke from all of the forest fires. Then! It's to Monterey for the Aquarium for a couple of days.

And hopefully out to enjoy some local fresh seafood at the many wonderful restaurants in Monterey and Pacific Grove. I can't wait! There's lots of good Italian food in the area, all involving very fresh and succulent seafood.
Finally before we head home it will be up to Oakland, as I said in my last post, and a chance to explore some real exciting food.

The first thing I packed besides pool toys was my Wisdom of Chinese Cooking so I can pick out exotic foods and herbs to buy at the markets. And keep your fingers crossed that I'll get to eat at Restaurant Peony, or at least some place similar. I'm so excited!

No comments: