Sunday, April 17, 2011

Homemade Crackers and Hot Artichoke and Cheese Dip

I got a wild hair this weekend and decided to make homemade crackers, just to see if I could do it.  Turns out it's pretty easy.  I found a great recipe for Olive Oil Crackers at 101 Cookbooks.  The only change I made to the recipe, which you can find by clicking on the above link, is that I added sesame seeds and some celery salt.  They turned out great, and my girls loved them, but I decided I needed something yummy to dip them in.  I bought some hummus from our little market in town, but I wanted something more.  So I found this great recipe for a baked cheese dip.  I, as usual, changed it a little.  Instead of monterey jack cheese, I used Garlic Jack from Loleta Cheese Factory and I used marinated artichoke hearts instead of plane canned ones, and I doubled the amount of garlic.  It's gooey yumminess!  It goes great with my homemade crackers. 

The cracker dough resting before being rolled out, kind of like you would roll out pasta for lasagna noodles
 Rolled out and cut with a cookie cutter for fun
 The final product.
The molten lava bowl of oooie gooie deliciousness. 
Now, time to dig in! 

No comments: