Monday, January 21, 2008

Charcuterie

For Christmas I got a gift card for Borders. I knew when I saw that card that I would be buying some kind of book about food.

As I was perusing Michael Ruhlman's blog a few weeks ago I figured out just exactly which food book that would be. Charcuterie.


Since a friend of ours has recently taken on the task of raising a couple of pigs, and offering to sell us one of those pigs, I've developed a huge interest in using the whole animal, and consequently preserving, smoking, curing some of the animal. When I saw Ruhlman's new book on Charcuterie I had to have it. I really hope I get a chance to try some of the recipes.

Now our next food project will be the goats. They'll be birthing their kids in a couple of months. I need recipes for goats. I have run on to this great cook book with recipes for all kinds of animals, including goat kids. I hope to acquire this book next. The Whole Beast by Fergus Henderson...the guy who does the wonderful bone marrow recipe that Anthony Bourdain would have as his last meal.

No comments: