Saturday, May 16, 2009


This was dinner last night. This is one of those meals that takes me back to my childhood. Steak and potatoes. I spent years rejecting this meal after leaving home. I'd eaten so much steak and so many potatoes as a kid, that I thought I'd never eat another bite of read meat or another potato ever again. Now that I'm in my 40's, I crave this. It was pure heaven for me last night to dive into a creamy baked potato slathered in sour cream and chives. The steak, it was divine! And as always, I have to have something green on my plate, and the asparagus, was unusually tender. Not a stringy piece in the bunch. Oh, man! now I'm hungry again. Off to eat some leftover steak. Excuse the drool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's just nothing like Steak and potatoes. The other day I had some hangar steak "frites" - it was amazing!