Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Book Review - Diary of a Mad Fat Girl


This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

This was a fund book and the title rocks!

The main character, Graecela Jones (ACE) is amazing – I see so much of myself in her and she does so many things that I wish I could or would do.  In saying that, I think that was the one downfall.  This woman does everything we all want to do in a fantasy world and gets away with it.  There is no way, in the most remote possibilities that life would go this way, but damn! You sure would like it to, and in this book it does.  It makes the book a fun read.  This book if a fantastic escape, especially for women. 

I found that Diary of a Mad Fat girl took on, not only abuse in marriage, but in a subtle way, how that abuse is still accepted and swept under the rug by family and friends, even today.  I loved how it was attacked and addressed and in a subtle passive aggressive sort o’ way, put in our faces.  By no means a sophisticated read, but a damn funny one and a rewarding one.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs a good laugh and a feeling that someone has had a chance to  experience a little “justice” in their lives. 

No comments: