Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Beginnings...


Life has been supremely busy.  My wonderful man, Kelly has found a good job here in my neck of the woods and we have been in the process of moving our two households into one.  He, unfortunately, is having to do it from 230 miles away, while I am only 8 miles away, but it's coming together perfectly.
This is our new home in Sunny Fortuna
For me, this has been the easiest move ever.  Not stress free by any means, but easy, in that I have a true partner, team player, Superman, by my side making it all happen.  We're working hard together and on the same page.  Communication has been open and honest and has made this whole process so much smoother then my past 12 moves.  It's been perfect.

Even Gracie would agree.....
This is our new kitchen by the way.  Not my first choice in decor, but it is a rental, and, believe me, Kelly and I will make this kitchen rock and roll!  I'm just thrilled to have a good gas stove/oven, a dishwasher (other then myself) and a garbage disposal.  And get this!  This house has 3 toilets!  That thrills me beyond all imagination!

Let me move on from the potty humor and share the first some what home cooked meal I made in our new home.
Fried rice.  We have been living on restaurant food, take out, and frozen stuff.  We're getting sick of it.  We had some leftover Chinese take out in the fridge.  I took the steamed rice, and the fried rice and made Kim's Fried Rice out of it.  I scrambled and cooked two eggs - flat not fluffy - and sliced thin strips out of them.  I fried up some leftover steak, and the chicken Teriyaki from one of the take out dishes in olive oil and sesame oil and some oyster sauce.  I fried up the steamed and fried rice in olive oil and sesame oil with some oyster sauce and soy sauce.  I added in some leftover broccoli from dinner the night before.  I had fried up some celery, onion, chopped carrots, and garlic earlier which I added into the mixture.  I put a dash of powdered garlic  in it.  I added in the meat and the egg and voila!  Kim's Fried Rice!  My first somewhat home cooked meal in our new home.
And the leftovers were awesome for lunch!

Now, tonight my love is off picking up his last load and won't be home until tomorrow.  I, also had to work late tonight, so when I got home I, once again, got a frozen food crappy dish and slammed that down.  Then I spent my time digging through boxes to hunt down Kelly's Crockpot.  I found it!  After about an hour and a half, but I found it!  So I spent my evening getting tomorrow night's dinner ready so when my Love gets back with his next load of stuff, he'll have a warm meal waiting for him when he gets home.  This will be my second home cooked meal in our home together, and this one will be home made and not built and put together from take outs and so on.  This one will be a truly yummy home cooked, slow cooked healthy dinner.  I can't wait to feed my man this meal.  I really hope he likes it.

For now - what that meal is going to be shall remain a mystery until he gets home and gets to try it.  But here is a preview.....
I'm loving my new home, in spite of all of the boxes...


I am so happy and content, I am with the Man of My Dreams. I am the luckiest woman alive right now.  And I get to spend time in the kitchen with someone who has just as much desire to be there and learn and nurture his family as I do. I see big things in our world of food coming up, and coming up soon! 

No comments: