Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chicken and Orzo Salad


This was a yummy dinner. My kids scarfed it down! I cooked two chicken breasts in chicken broth and then cubed them. I cooked one cup of orzo according to package directions. While that was cooking I harvested about a quarter cup of basil from my garden and chopped it up, cubed up a cup of Provolone cheese, chopped up a 14 oz can of small artichoke hearts (drained), seeded and diced an nice fresh tomato from Fortuna's Farmers Market, chopped up about a 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives, shredded a half cup of pecorino parmesan cheese and crumbled a 1/2 cup of feta.

Once the orzo was done I tossed it with the chicken and 1/3 cup of Ken's Steak House Greek dressing which has feta, black olives and olive oil in it. Then I added the artichokes, provolone, tomatoes, olives and basil and tossed. Finally I added the feta and parmesan and gently tossed and seasoned with pepper. This is served on a bed of lettuce and seasoned with salt and pepper as desired, but with the feta, parmesan and Greek dressing, it really doesn't need very much salt.

I should have taken a picture of this salad, because the colors were really quite pretty, and it tasted even better then it looked.

No comments: