Sunday, September 23, 2007

What I hate about cooking....


CLEANING!!!! I love to cook, but as my husband will tell you, I'm a very messy cook. I didn't feel like cleaning up after myself last night, so I had a big pile of dishes staring me down this morning. I did my best to ignore them as I whipped up a breakfast of farmers market potatoes fried up with onion and garlic, locally cured bacon from our little Loleta Meat Market and farm fresh eggs from my co-workers chickens. I'm still full! I procrastinated as long as I possibly could before I finally cleaned up the whopping mess I left for myself. But it's finally done, and now to start the whole process over again. Tonight I'm making Oxtail soup. This takes 3 hours to cook, so as soon as I'm done here, I'm starting dinner. I found an unusual recipe on the web. It's a Hawaiian recipe from a web site in Guam. You can check it out here: The Scent of Green Bananas It appealed to me because it reminds me of Vietnamese noodle soup with the lemon grass and ginger. So soup in honor of the first day of fall, but a summery soup in memory of summer. This is what it looks like:
YUM!

I'll let you know how it all comes out.

No comments: