Friday, January 9, 2009



Well, I've still been too busy to post about our trip to Reno, and I've been a bit under the weather lately and not up for any writing. But this morning I was reading MFK Fisher, How To Cook a Wolf, and I ran onto a paragraph that I just loved.


So here it is, a little food for thought.....





"Why is it worse, in the end, to see an animal's head cooked and prepared for our pleasure than a thigh or a tail or a rib? If we are going to live on other inhabitants of this world we must not blind ourselves with illogical prejudices, but savor to the fullest the beasts we have killed."





I have to agree fully!





More on "How To Cook A Wolf":





This is a great book written in 1942. Considering our recent economic and war situation, this 66 year old book has some timely advice.





How to Cook a WolfNew York: Duell, Sloan & Pearce, 1942A series of essays on how to live and dine sanely and pleasurably during wartime and within tight budgets.



This is a great book, available at: Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/How-Cook-Wolf-M-Fisher/dp/0865473366
And Powell's at: http://www.powells.com/biblio/9780865473362

Happy Cooking!

No comments: