Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wo Wo! Back up a bit!




Well, I know I said I was going to post about our trip to Reno, but tonight I was playing with my new toy and trying to sync my phone to it and I forgot I had pictures of Christmas Eve dinner and a few pics from Christmas. I think I'll post those first, then share our trip to Reno with you.
So here you go:
First our candle lit dinner, then a plate of dinner. The plan was to have crab (it's crab season here right now) with boiled red potatoes and corn on the cob. Well, I ran out of time to get crab and ended up cooking lamb shanks instead. Oh darn! Not! The cake picture is a traditional Christmas Cake I made from my Mother In Law's recipe. It seemed like it was going to be like a nasty fruit cake, but it wasn't. It was actually quite good.











Then! There's Christmas! Nigella Lawson's gingered ham (recipe can be found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/ginger-glazed-ham-recipe/index.html)
My potato, celery root and onion casserole and buttered green beans. Not a lot but YUM!
Our good friend from Eureka brought a delicious blueberry pie from Marie Calendars and some whipped cream to top it all off. An awesome Christmas at home!










































And then there is me, after a several (many) glasses of wine, holiday cheer, and popping the Christmas crackers. Wearing my golden paper crown from my cracker and reveling in my Christmas happiness.




















Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and much prosperity in the new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you cook like chef! look delicious.